Oct 22, 2009

Gaahl/King update

A new band was announced today - Ov Hell . Well, it seems like this band spawned from the break up of God Seed  that happened when Gaahl announced his departure from metal.  Seeing as God Seed (which is just the new name for King and Gaahl's version of Gorgoroth) was King's main focus, then it makes sense for him to seek out another band.  King has been in so many bands at this point that I can hardly keep count- God Seed, Gorgoroth, Jotunspor, I, Sahg, Audrey Horne.... anything else I forgot?
  
Anyway, this is what King had to say: 
"The first Ov HELL release will contain music I've worked on in my Gorgoroth and God Seed years. It's been a little hell to actually see this music form into aband, so the name of the band is quite suitable. Through the first song I got from Shagrath I knew that he would be the perfect man to join forces with.  He has strong individual qualities and a strong will to power. I am very positive that when we finish up this album it will be an album that won't sound like anything we have done before, and with a quality that won't stand back from anything presented in black metal earlier!"
And Shagrath:
“ With both of our demanding music careers and other projects, timing was not on our side. After last years inferno festival, King and I yet again joined forces to brainstorm our need to collaborate our passion for dark art. Over the course of the past year, King sent me demo ideas that were so inspiring it made me put my skeptic feelings aside. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have another Black Metal project but my unquenchable thirst to explore my darkest beast, launched the birth Ov HELL. The majestic Ov HELL has become a band that reflects our roots, raw, ugly, arrogantly blasphemous with uncompromising truth from two influential Norwegian musicians needing to express our primitive side, straight out Ov HELL.”
Also, there are a couple songs already uploaded to the bands myspace page - "Devil's Harlot" and”Ghosting”.  I actually think I like it more than the Godseed stuff.
Studio Line-up:


Shagrath - vocals
King  - bass
Ice Dale - guitar
Frost - drums
Teloch – guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive