Oct 25, 2009

More black metal movie news

A little bit back I blogged and posted the trailer of the new black metal documentary Until The Light Takes Us.  Technically, the doc. has been out for a long time, but it really hadn't hit the NY area yet.  Starting on November 11th this changes thanks to the Cinema Village theater (Manhattan).  I'm not  sure how long the run will last, but my guess is that it will stick around till the end of the year.  
Documentaries like this always appeal to the small audience of people that already like the music and genre.  And, judging from what I have seen of it so far, black metal fans most likely wont learn anything they don't already know, and the non-fans will probably not bother seeing a documentary that is so specific to certain tiny scene.  Sorry for the wordiness of that.  I must have been listening to Varg Vikernes speak for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive