Jan 11, 2010

Band Of the Week - Buck-Tick!

To celebrate the fact that I am in FUCKING Japan right now, I thought I would pick one of my J-rock loves to put as band of the week.   Buck-Tick are legends in Japan that have been together since 1984.  Their music is constantly evolving, from rock, punk, to post-punk, to a weird goth/industrial phase and now back to straight up rock.  It's amazing how fans have not abandoned them all this time.  The only comparable artist with such a strong fan base is David Bowie.  Remember when Bowie did that industrial shit with Trent Reznor?  Well, Ziggy Stardust fans were still there cheering him on.  That's really the only way I can describe Buck-Ticks every changing and undying fan base.  Awesome stuff.
Check out some songs here:


And check out a video for Kagerou here:

1 comment:

Blog Archive