Jan 1, 2010

New Year of Metal Comin' On Up!

I still don't have my top albums of the year ready.... I'm in Philly right now for the New Year, so I am going to look through the ol' cd collection when I get back to NYC and try to come up with the albums I played the most.  Expect my list by the end of the week.  
In the meantime, we have a few interesting albums and tours coming up in 2010.  
-Christopher Lee (The guy who is DRACULA) will be releasing a symphonic metal album.  Usually symphonic metal makes me cringe (unless you're also black metal - ala Emperor), but this is worth checking out.  The album, Charlemagne,  is a concept album with original words and music from Lee himself.  Out on March 15, 2010.
-The Axl Rose version of GNR are beginning a month long tour in Canada on the 13th.  Will it last?  Will there be a US tour in the works for 2010?  My guess is no.  Travel to Asia in the summer if you want to see Axl and his hired Guns.
-Despite getting the boot from the current USA tour with Behemoth, Shining plan to make it here in 2010.  Also, Feb. 9th they play on releasing a new studio album - Blackjazz.
Check out Christopher Lee talking metal below: (RIDICULOUS)



Also check out a sample of each track from the SYMPHONIC METAL album:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive