Dec 29, 2009

Tuesday's Metal Releases

Black Rain - License to Thrill [Import] (101 Distribution)
Hartmann - 3 [Import] (Phantom Sound & Vision)
The Pleasures - Oh Yea Revolution [Import] (Dockyard 2)
Samantha Fox  - Greatest Hits (Jive Records)
Sodom - Agent Orange [Import] (Phantom Sound & Vision)

THOUGHTS: 2009 was a pretty good year for metal releases, but December was certainly not.  In my desperate attempt to scrounge up something that was released today all I could find was this dinky group of mostly imports.  I have to admit that The Pleasures album is pretty friggin' fun.  When I first checked out their music I was turned off my the fact that they look like the spitting image of my teenie-bopper glam rock hot throbs ROBIN BLACK & THE INTERGALACTIC ROCKSTARS , but The Pleasures'  music is a lot slicker and vocally ten times better than Robin's ever was.  I still take Robin's screeching painful cigarette voice over these German freaks any day- but nonetheless, a pretty good modern glam rock record.

Hartmann and Sodom are both German as well.  Sodom's album is nothing new- it still sounds like Teutonic thrash, and Hartmann's album is a bit more European-extreme-power record.  There is even a track on there sung by Tobias Sammet [Edguy and Avantasia], which instantly makes it SO GERMAN.

Here's a Pleasures video just so you can see the over-the-top glamness:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive