Dec 19, 2012

New Music from Toxic Holocaust's Joel Grind

If you ever read this blog, you probably know how much I love Toxic Holocaust.  The metal side of me loves Toxic Holocaust the way the gay-male side of me loves Liza Minelli, but I digress.

Anyway, the news is that Toxic Holocaust main man, Joel Grind, is set to release "The Yellowgoat Sessions" on January 15th.  Toxic Holocaust is basically just Joel, but this album isn't a Toxic album.  It's a Joel solo album.  Honestly, I don't *really* see the difference, but Joel makes a good point:
“I decided to not call this a Toxic Holocaust record for a few reasons. The main one being that Toxic has sort of morphed from being a solo project to now being a full band. That's not saying you won’t see other ‘solo’ Toxic material, but for right now it's definitely a solid band. Also, this record is definitely less thrash and more dirty rock ‘n’ roll. Finally, I didn't want to just slap the Toxic name on it to sell it. I recorded this because I was anxious to record something like this again without over thinking things.”
Fair enough, and also strangely noble.  "The Yellowgoat Sessions" sound like a return to the "Critical Mass" demo-era Toxic.  You can give a listen to the album's single "Cross Damnnation" here, and also check out a preview of the entire album below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive