Jun 1, 2015

Four Revamped Metal Classics That Rule

Normally, when I go on YouTube, I look at people doing dumb stuff. Videos of folks doing cringeworthy stuff seems to be my favorite in recent weeks. Like, have you seen this tool rage about how he’s better than everyone else because he wears a fedora?
He seems almost as bearable to hang out with as the dudes in Nuclear Hellfrost. (HAHAHA!!)

On my internet tirades, I find some cool stuff, too. I’m floored by the creativity people put into some of these projects, especially when songs are retooled.

Here are a few of the ones that made me do the opposite of cringe.

Blue Grass Cover of Iron Maiden

Cross-genre cover songs overwhelmingly fail as good songs. They are different, sometimes catchy, but that doesn’t mean they are good. These guys, Steve’n’Seagulls, really do justice to the songs they cover. This cover of Iron Maiden’s classic “The Trooper” totally wails.


8-Bit Version of Megadeth’s Rust in Peace
I couldn’t help but laugh at how awesome this is. Imagine how much work this took to put together! Listening to it made me want to find an arcade and kick some kids’ pubeless asses on Rock n’ Roll Racing, Raiden Fighters 2, Tekken 2, and Time Crisis 2. Man, I could totally ruin some kid’s day on Tekken.


Sludge Slayer
Holy. Shit. Apparently when you slow down the rpm to 33 when listening to Reign in Blood, it turns into a Xibalba-esque venture into disgusting sludge metal.



…And Justice For All Properly Remastered
Want to know how the [actually] epic Metallica album would have sounded if Hetfield and Ulrich weren’t cauldrons of cock warts? Feast your ears on this independently remastered version of some of the songs on the album. The guitars sound beefy and full, the bass is not only existent, but seriously drives the songs. Drums aren’t as clicky, either, which is nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive